Aulas Online - Avançado - Past Simple

Study this example:


Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was an Austrian musician and composer. He lived from 1756 to 1791. He started composing at the age of five and wrote more than 600 pieces of music. He was only 35 years old when he died.

Lived/started/wrote/was/died are all past simple.

Very often the past simple ends in -ed (regular verbs):
• I work in a travel agency now. Before that I worked in a shop.
• We invited them to our party but they decided not to come.
• The police stopped me on my way home last night.
• She passed her examination because she studied very hard.

But many verbs are irregular. The past simple does not end in -ed. For example:
Write = wrote
Mozart wrote more than 600 pieces of music.

See = saw
We saw Rose in town a few days ago.

Go = went
I went to the cinema three times last week.

Shut = shut
It was cold, so I shut the window.



Exercise
Put one of these verbs in each sentence:
Write / buy / catch / cost / drink / fall / hurt / sell / spend / teach / throw / win

1) Mozart … more than 600 pieces of music;

2) How did you learn to drive? My father … me.

3) We couldn't afford to keep our car, so we … it.

4) I was very thirsty. I … the water very quickly.

5) Paul and I played tennis yesterday. He's much better than me, so he … easily.

6) Don … down the stairs this morning and … his leg.

7) Jim … the ball to sue, who … it.

8) Ann … a lot of money yesterday. She … a dress which … $ 100.


Comente com o Facebook:

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário

-Este espaço é exclusivamente reservado para usuários que tenham dúvidas ou aviso de link quebrado.
-O blog também aceita sugestões, elogios e críticas.
-Os comentários ofensivos que desrespeitem outros usuários ou moderadores do blog serão excluídos.
-Obrigado e volte Sempre!